What is Signposts…?
• Signposts is written primarily for teacher trainers, teachers and policy makers
• Signposts covers issues arising from a recommendation from the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe, the Foreign Ministers of the 47 member states, on the dimension of religions and non-religious convictions within intercultural education.
• Signposts aims to give policy makers, schools and teacher trainers in the 47 Council of Europe member states, plus others who wish to use it, the tools to work through key issues in the study of religions and non-religious worldviews in publicly funded schools in the context of a broad ‘intercultural’ education within their own countries.
• Signposts suggests practical ways forward and ideas for practice-based research.
• Signposts results from the work of an international panel of experts convened jointly by the Council of Europe and the European Wergeland Centre.
• Signposts is written by Professor Robert Jackson on the group’s behalf, following a survey of education ministries of member states, and consultation with stakeholders in a variety of countries.
• Full title: Signposts: Policy and practice for teaching about religions and non-religious worldviews in intercultural education
How to order Signposts…
• Signposts can be ordered at: https://book.coe.int/eur/en/human-rights-education-intercultural-education/6101-signposts-policy-and-practice-for-teaching-about-religions-and-non-religious-world-views-in-intercultural-education.html
• Full reference: Jackson, R. (2014) Signposts: Policy and practice for teaching about religions and non-religious worldviews in intercultural education. Strasbourg: Council of Europe Publishing.
• Journal editors can request a review copy (please give details of the journal and a contact address) by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org